Saturday, June 27, 2009

Escolta

The Banda and thier exchange... The escolta is performed with the pounding of drums and is very military like... quite a bit different then where I grew up even more then now where the pledge has been replaced by a moment of silence.

In Mexico ever Monday they do the "pledge" and the top 6th grade students are part of the Escolta... This is the change from the old to the new. It was really cool I felt a new love and respect for this country I have called Home for the past 12 years. The kids did the exchange very well it was moving when they handed over the flag to our girls and they all promised to take care and respect of it.

The exchange!

Tara~Rebecca~Tristana~Gaby~Vanessa~Jackie


I am so proud of our girls, They did a great job it will be fun to see them grow next year... and then STOP of course... they may be the top of there class now but hopefully they will not graduate and can stay little for ever!


1 comment:

Jenna said...

Is Rebecca really gonna be in the 6th grade? You're right she needs to stop growing. Good luck with the next couple of weeks. We are excited and anxious to hear about your new little one. Love ya lots!